The Howard Avenue Arts Incubator’s gallery is a wonderful venue for all your functions and events. The Incubator is located in the heart of Kensington’s Antique District at 4218 Howard Avenue, just off Connecticut Avenue. Parking is free and available on the street with additional parking behind the building.
The gallery space can comfortably seat 50 for dinner or host 100 for a cocktail party or event. Please review the following details and contact Hamilton Whitney at (301) 493-5577 or email us.
Gallery Floor Space Rental Rates
- Monday-Thursday 9AM-10PM, Friday 9AM-5PM, : $25 per hour, 4 hours minimum reservation.
- Friday 5PM-10PM, Saturday, & Sunday 9AM-11PM, $50 per hour, 6 hour minimum reservation.
- Floor space rental rates are for classes and events that do not require hanging and presentation of artwork.
- Gallery rental includes 2 reserved parking spaces during weekdays and 20+ spaces during evenings and weekends.
- A Baby Grand piano is available for use with Gallery approval.
- Tables and seating for up to 48 people can be provided by the gallery.
- A kitchen is available in the downstairs studio for food preparation.
- Restroom facilities are available.
- A waiting area is available in the downstairs studio during weekdays for parents and drivers, if necessary.
Additional Information and Services
- Events that are advertised as open to the public require parking attendants at the renter’s expense.
- Alcohol may be served after showing proof of county approval and insurance liability waiver is presented.
- Email marketing, ticket sales, and class registration can be handled by the gallery for an additional fee.
- A damage deposit made by credit card will be required upon reservation acceptance.
Art Gallery Rental
- The Howard Avenue Arts Incubator boasts two gallery areas: a main gallery and a hallway gallery.
- The main gallery has 100 linear feet of hanging space by 9 vertical feet in which to place your art, collapsible wall panels for additional hanging space, 5 pedestals, and 16 feet of bench/display area for three dimensional work.
- The hallway gallery has 106 linear feet of wall space with track lighting. At the end of the hall is a handsome, lighted 3 foot maple display case that is lockable.
- For more information on art gallery rental contact Hamilton Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAAI members will receive a 10% discount on gallery rental prices.