The final in a three part photo series
Renewal is the final exhibit in a three part photo series focusing on the positive aspects of life. Renewal is a new beginning, whether spiritually, physically, mentally, or metaphorically. It is a new chapter in an hour, in a day, in a season, in a life.
Concluding the series that began with Hope and Survival, Renewal is both the final chapter in the series and the open door to the future. Each of the three events will have individual awards and an exhibition of the juror-selected work.
- All accepted work will be exhibited in the DC area gallery.
- Best in Show - $500
- Second place- $250
- Third Place - $100
- Ten Honorable Mentions
- At the end of the exhibition series, all awardee's photos from each of the three shows will be published as a photo book made available for sale.
- The top three awardees of each show will be presented with a complimentary copy of the book.
- All accepted work will also be featured on our website, facebook page, and blog.
|Open for Submissions:||1.11.12|
|Early Bird Deadline:||2.09.12|
|Accepted Work Due:||5.12.12|
The exhibition will run through June 24, 2012.
- $35 for the first four images, $10 for each additional image until February 11.
After February 11, $35 for first three images, $10 for each additional image.
Open to all photographers 18 years of age and older.
Upon notification of acceptance of work, the artist must ship or hand deliver the accepted piece(s) to arrive at the Art Incubator Gallery Kensington location no later than May 12, 2012. All hand delivered entries must be picked up on June 26, 2012. No accepted work may be withdrawn before the end of the exhibition. All work must be professionally framed and presented to the Gallery's standards. Work which arrives damaged or which does not meet the specified conditions for exhibition may be disqualified. View the general guidelines for Gallery standards and shipping procedure here.
All work must be for sale at prices set by the artist. The Howard Avenue Arts Incubator retains a commission of 40% of sales price. Payment to the artist will be mailed within 30 days after receipt of proceeds from sales. Prices should be an accurate reflection of the artist’s sales history and therefore should not be inflated.
The Gallery will insure all works while in possession for theft or loss for the artist's share of the retail price. All reasonable care will be taken with accepted art, but it is clearly understood by the artist that the Gallery assumes no responsibility and shall not be held responsible for any damage of any kind caused or occurring during shipping.
All entries are submitted via our online system. Submit your work through Smarter Entry. To submit, click on Account Login to begin. Create a Smarter Entry account even if you have created an account with another organization. Then simply pay online, followed by uploading your images.
All entries are submitted via our on-line system. No mail-in submissions will be accepted. When you see the image thumbnail under Submitted Images, your image has been received for the exhibition. You will be able to change an image or add additional information regarding that image, at no cost, by logging into your account. Changes may be made up to the deadline.
- sRGB or RGB color space (standard) - NOT CMYK (typically used by printing industry)
- Save files to 72 ppi resolution; flatten layers, 8 bit JPEG files (16 bit will not upload.)
- Sized to 1,280 pixels on the longest side, the other size width or height proportional
- JPG format, compression level 8 (medium). Compression level will not affect the quality of viewed images.
- Only use a period preceding jpg in the file name. Characters (!@#$%^&*()_+) will result in uploading problems.
Hamilton Whitney, Exhibition coordinator - 301.493.5577 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Rosenthal, Gallery founder/owner - 301.493.5577 - email@example.com